Wednesday, May 28, 2008
The mischevious driver maneuvers down streets and around pedestrians not-so-carefully.
"Oops, Daddy. Didn't see you there!" explains Chance.
Stopping at the mall, Gracie yells, "Ice cream!" while Chance turns on the music.
Daddy recovers in time to hear Gracie ask, "What flavor would you like?"
Mommy orders a treat from Gracie while Daddy checks out things in the background.
Friday, May 23, 2008
(Note to Chance: Mommy just had to post the video of you walking and NAKED in public. When you're a teenager and completely embarassed, I'll apologize, but right now, I couldn't resist.)
Wednesday, May 21, 2008
Tonight, after baths, we urged the twins to walk, but they were soooo tired that they wouldn't do it for long (they missed their afternoon naps). Still, you can see a little bit of their precarious waddles in these videos. Chance, in particular, has been trying to walk more and more each day. We think he just enjoys the sensation of being able to walk because he sometimes doesn't have a destination in mind--well, except in one of the videos, he seems to be trying to tackle his sister, which is a common occurrence of late. Poor petite Grace.
Friday, May 16, 2008
The twins slept all night last night, and Mommy got 8 glorious hours of sleep!
We climbed in the cabinets . . . (where tupperware and pots and pans are kept).
We sat on the floor and ate shredded cheddar cheese that Gracie fed to us . . .
We did step aerobics . . .
We squished Nestle (sat on him, bounced on him, kissed him, poked him in the mouth, etc.), who didn't mind one bit.
And we went to the Weatherstone neighborhood pool for the first time. The water was a bit cold because of all of the rain we've had, but thankfully, another Mommy from the neighborhood had brought a plastic kiddie pool, where the water warmed up faster and where the twins spent most of their time.
Before the twins were sleeping better, Mommy thought it was very stressful when Daddy went out of town. We would have fun, but Mommy was TIRED! This time, we just had fun!
Thursday, May 15, 2008
Today, a card--with sweet quotes and notes on separate pieces of paper inside--also came from Aunt Manda. The message on the outside of the card: "In a recent poll, mothers were asked if the pressures of family life keep them from getting enough sleep at night. 95% answered 'yes.'" When you open it, the song "Under Pressure" (David Bowie) plays while you read this: "The other 5% just snored. . . . Wishing you the relaxing, restful Mother's Day you deserve." The twins and I enjoyed it immensely!
Sunday, May 11, 2008
Our twins turned 13 months old on 5-11-07! Wow!
For about a week now, Gracie has been singing the chorus to "Old MacDonald Had a Farm" on cue. Right after we sing the opening line, "Old MacDonald . . . ," she adds her version of "e-i-e-i-o," which you can somewhat hear in these videos.
Also, when Grandma Boespflug was here for the twins' birthdays, she taught Gracie the sound that a fish makes: "Blub!" Chance says it now too.
WALKIN': Chance took his first steps on Wednesday, April 30, as he was trying to take the poppy seed container (it makes a cool sound when shaken, don't cha know?!) from Grace. Today, Daddy said he took about 8 steps by himself, and when Daddy held ONE of his hands, Chance walked alongside Daddy today too!
Thankfully, the twins are sleeping better and better--Mommy and Daddy have had more sleep in the last 3 nights! It's a whole new world with sleep, y'all.
Monday, May 5, 2008
As y'all know, Chance loves anything with wheels, so it's helpful that some of the homes in our neighborhood are still under construction--tractors, trucks, etc. right outside our window! Over the weekend, we put the twins on the tractor down the road.
Chance needs another haircut soon. Daddy had fun making a mohawk for him during bathtime last night!