Tuesday, June 30, 2009

"I'm big, Mommy. I'm not little." - Chance

It's official. Chance has grown up. Last night, while putting him to bed, I must've called him "My little boy." He corrected me: "I'm big, Mommy. I'm not little." Sigh . . . where did my little baby boy go already?

At 2 yrs, 2 mos, he's definitely hit toddlerhood. We tried to go blueberry picking last week with our Mommy and Me group, and it was WAY TOO HOT at 10 am. Chance lagged behind, and when I said it was hot, he said, "Too hot, Mommy." He picked for a couple of minutes--click! an actual pic!--then dumped out the few he had in his bucket. Again, he picked for a minute or two, then dumped out his bucket--and promptly threw it. It landed near Mommy. He didn't yell, he didn't cry, in fact, he didn't really say much, but he definitely protested. Aunt Manda thinks he'll be the type of kid who holds his breath when he doesn't get his way . . . and might even pass out from it. Ha! :)

Mommy has been a little desperate to find healthy foods that the WHOLE family will eat. Lo and behold, today Chance ate one of these "healthy popsicles" I made with bananas, pineapple, and baby spinach leaves (and a little water with sugar and a touch of gelatin)! Yep, it's green, folks. He takes after his Daddy and doesn't like much, even making himself gag if he doesn't want to eat it.

His new favorite toy is this large dump truck from Target. We even took it to the beach at the beginning of June. There's Grace, sitting on a fallen palm tree, eating her lunch with Luna (our neighbor Mindy went with us and brought her dog). And there's Chance, driving his dump truck over the cool "bump" made by the tree, making driving sounds, putting sand in the back of it.

Couple o' VIDEOS of my ALL-BOY child. First one: he's flipping over a large plastic ball, landing on his back--on purpose. And he did it over and over again, thanks to Daddy's encouragement. Mommy didn't like it at first, but I realized that I'd better just join in with the fun . . . it's only gonna get worse, right?


Second one: When Daddy was out of town last week, he and Grace didn't want to go to sleep one night, so they ran around and laughed at each other, and--of course, Chance tackled Grace several times, as seen in this video.

No comments: