Sunday, June 7, 2009

The Marcheses Visit

Memorial Day weekend 'n' the Marcheses. The Baums didn't make it out to Kiawah to see them 'cause of a nasty crud (swine flu?), but we had dinner with 'em down at Noisy Oyster on their last nite. Then delish pralines from Market Street Sweets afterward--thanks, Uncle Paul (see the tall, dark, and handsome fella carrying the bag in the pic below?)!
Shan stayed with us a couple of days after Kiawah, and we used our membership to the SC Aquarium. Grace pointed out the highlights. Shannon was extremely impressed.

A gift from Aunt Shan: two adorable sea turtles (Mommy's fav sea creature)!

Grace: "Pinch! Pinch! He pinched my toe!"

Mommy and Shan saw a Spoleto concert at the Cistern (CofC): Punch Brothers. Unique, talented music by folks of high caliber (Nickel Creek, etc.). It hopefully redeemed her from her prior faux pas of giving Shan and Paul the wrong location for the Spoleto play they saw a few nites before. (Did I mention we might have had the swine flu? A common symptom: brain sludge.)

Mommy recently videoed the twins sitting at the table "writing" with Momma. Chance sings a song that Mommy often sings, but I didn't realize that he knew it this well (or perhaps that I sang it that often!). It's my own version of the Barney song, y'all. And then Grace sings a part of one of her favorite songs, "Little Bunny Foo Foo" (is that how it's spelled?). Aren't they SOOOO TODDLER now? Mommy is already telling them not to grow up so she can hold them forever. :-)

2 comments:

Boespflugs said...

"Little BUNNY Foo Foo" He's a rabbit. That's why he hops through the forest but I'm not sure why he bops field mice on the head.

Baum Twins said...

I knew that. I fixed it. BUNNY Foo Foo. What's a "Foo Foo" -- "I pity the foo'," Mr T?